- Keeping too many things in your head.
Solution: Write them down
- Doing whatever grabs your attention next
Solution: Make a plan and then work your plan
- Not spending enough time on your top priorities
Solution: Prioritization and Planning
- Doing very efficiently that which need not be done
Solution: Stop doing it. Have a weekly plan
- Poor Planning
Solution: Learn how to plan effectively, and do it consistently
- Working in a Disorganized and Distracting Work Environment
Solution: Use a productivity system that helps you capture the context of all active projects.
- Attempting to do too much
Solution: Overcome the worst practice of attempting too much
- Always saying “Yes”
Solution: Consider each request carefully before accepting it
- Not managing your inflows
Solution: Use a system that helps you capture & process each new item effectively
- Confusing “Activity” with “Productivity”
Solution: Understand what you are truly trying to accomplish.
Bonus Mistake: Not taking enough time for recovery and renewal (so, find some places for relaxing)
Source: Effexis Software